The Music City Minute ...
Photo: Don Arnold / WireImage
Just when you thought Tim McGraw couldn’t get any better – you gotta hear what he does to shower his wife, Faith Hill, with love. He says he tries to make every single day Valentine's Day. Sometimes the gifts are small - sometimes big. One thing he likes to do is find really pretty vases for Faith. She has a rose garden that she loves - so he tries to find unique vases to use when she cuts roses from her garden. Sigh...looooooooooove.
Photo: Warner Music Nashville
Did you know that Hunter Hayes’ latest song “Somebody’s Heartbreak” has a Valentine’s Day connection? He said he liked this girl, but knew she would end up breaking his heart. He wrote it around Valentine's Day. That's why he uses "Be Mine" at the end of the song. Hunter follows Eric Church in ACM nominations with six. The nominees for the 48th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards were announced yesterday. See the full list of nominees below...
Entertainer of the Year
Male Vocalist of the Year
Female Vocalist of the Year
Vocal Duo of the Year
Big & Rich
Florida Georgia Line
Love and Theft
Vocal Group of the Year
The Band Perry
Eli Young Band
Little Big Town
Zac Brown Band
New Artist of the Year
New Female Vocalist – Jana Kramer
New Male Vocalist – Brantley Gilbert
New Vocal Duo or Group – Florida Georgia Line
Album of the Year
Blown Away – Carrie Underwood
Chief – Eric Church
Red – Taylor Swift
Tailgates & Tanlines – Luke Bryan
Tornado – Little Big Town
Song of the Year
“A Woman Like You” – Lee Brice (Composers: Phil Barton, Jonny Buford, Jon Stone)
“Even If It Breaks Your Heart” – Eli Young Band (Composers: Will Hoge, Eric Paslay)
“Over You” – Miranda Lambert (Composers: Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton)
“Springsteen” – Eric Church (Composers: Eric Church, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell)
“Wanted” – Hunter Hayes (Composers: Hunter Hayes, Troy Verges)
Single Record of the Year
“Even If It Breaks Your Heart” – Eli Young Band
“Over You” – Miranda Lambert
“Pontoon” – Little Big Town
“Springsteen” – Eric Church
“Wanted” – Hunter Hayes
Video of the Year
“Creepin’” – Eric Church
“Wanted” – Hunter Hayes
“Tornado” – Little Big Town
“Merry Go ‘Round” – Kacey Musgraves
“We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” – Taylor Swift
“The Wind” – Zac Brown Band
Vocal Event of the Year
“Don’t Rush” – Kelly Clarkson feat. Vince Gill
“Easy” – Rascal Flatts feat. Natasha Bedingfield
“Feel Like a Rock Star” – Kenny Chesney (Duet with Tim McGraw)
“Let It Rain” – David Nail feat. Sarah Buxton
“The Only Way I Know” – Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan & Eric Church
Getty Images for BMI
This is a special Valentine’s Day for Jake Owen, as it is the first time he is celebrating as a married man! His wife, Lacey, is in for a special night. Jake says he's very romantic. Romance oozes out of him! He also says he IS one big heart! Awwww...
Photo: Frazer Harrison / Getty Images for Stagecoach
Men’s Health magazine just recognized Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert as one of the Hottest Celebrity Couples. They came in at #7 on the list. Blake and Miranda were also just named Zillow’s most desirable celebrity neighbors.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
I have to admit...I'm not a huge romantic.
I do think it's important to shower your special someone with some kind of "love"!
And it doesn't have to be something expensive. Look what my husband and two little boys left for me in the driver's seat of my car. I found it on the way into work this morning. And I absolutely LOVED it!
Okay...so here's why these are great prezzies:
1) About a week ago, I told my hubby that the snack sized KitKats are yummier than the regular sized ones. It's something about the chocolate to wafer ratio. He listened. He paid attention to me saying that. And THAT's a gift. We all like to know that what we say is being heard, right?
2) I have been fighting nausea all week long. I told my husband that one of our listeners suggested this medicine called Nauzene. But I haven't had any luck finding it...ANYWHERE. They found it for me! LOVE THAT!!!
3) I love Diet Pepsi in the bottle!
4) And you can't beat anything that has your child's writing on it. Especially when it says "MOM" or "MOMMY". Melts my heart!!!
So there ya go. It doesn't take a whole lot to make this girl feel loved. And the little things are always BIG THINGS! It's always the thought that counts.
WEIRD NEWS ...
Conor Kennedy Arrested For Civil Disobedience At White House Protest Over Climate Change
Civic duty is in his blood, after all. High school student -- and Taylor Swift's ex! -- Conor Kennedy was arrested on Wednesday, Feb. 13 after he and a group of protestors attached themselves to the White House gate in a peaceful protest to bring attention to climate change.
The 18-year-old joined 47 other celebrities, civil rights leaders and environmental activists in a bid to get President Obama to reject the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, which they claim would carry "dirty oil" into the United States
"The threat to our planet's climate is both grave and urgent," civil rights activist Julian Bond said in a statement. "Although President Obama has declared his own determination to act, much that is within his power to accomplish remains undone, and the decision to allow the construction of a pipeline to carry millions of barrels of the most-polluting oil on Earth from Canada
One of the famous faces in the crowd Wednesday was Kennedy's father, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is also known for his political activism. Actress Daryl Hannah also lent her star power to the cause.
The group was summarily arrested during the afternoon, and sources tell Yahoo News that both Kennedy and his father were cheered by name as they were led away.
For the second year in a row, Washington D.C. has been named the country's most infidelity-prone city.
AshleyMadison.com is a dating website for married people looking to cheat. Based on user data collected on their site, they found that our nation's capital is indeed our country's least faithful city.
Washington D.C. had the highest number of AshleyMadison members per capita last year—with 34,157 new users. Apparently, Texans also have cheating on their minds. Austin and Houston came in second and third on the list.
So where else does infidelity prevail?
Top 10 Least Faithful Cities, according to AshleyMadison.com:
5. Oklahoma City, Okla.
6. Richmond, Va.
8. Lincoln, Nebraska
10. Phoenix, Az
BEFORE YOU PUCKER UP: WHAT TO EAT FOR FRESH BREATH
1) Water. Proper hydration could be all you need for better breath, Amy Jamieson-Petonic, a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says. That's because water moistens the mouth and throat, and washes away nasty-smelling bacteria and food particles.
2) Apples. Crunchy, high-fiber foods make the mouth generate more saliva, Jamieson-Petonic says. CNN reported that saliva is rich in oxygen -- a natural enemy of odor-causing bacteria in the mouth. And apples in particular help to remove plaque and particles from teeth, which can also be the source of bad breath, she says.
3) Gum. While this one is a no-brainer, there's a reason why gum is the go-to for banishing bad breath: it stimulates the production of saliva (bacteria's enemy, as you'll recall) and removes food particles that get stuck on the teeth. Opt for the sugar-free types with xylitol to protect your teeth from cavities, Jamieson-Petonic says.
4) Foods high in Vitamin C. Vitamin C can stop odor-causing bacteria from growing, and neutralize the odors from notoriously smelly foods like garlic and onions, notes Jamieson-Petonic.
5) Greek yogurt. Not just a healthy snack, yogurt can also be good for breath. It "lowers hydrogen sulfide in mouth, which is a waste product from anaerobic bacteria," Jamieson-Petonic says. She recommends yogurt low in sugar -- preferably a non-fat Greek yogurt -- with live and active cultures.
6) Whole-grain bread. As strange as it may seem, eating a low-carb diet can lead to less-than-stellar breath. That's because when your body doesn't have a lot of carbohydrates, it instead burns fat -- a process that then produces compounds called ketones. When these ketones are produced, they are released from the body via sweat, urine and sometimes even the breath. That means if your body is expelling odor-causing ketones, eating healthy carbs -- such as whole-grain bread, versus something like white bread -- could help to improve breath, Jamieson-Petonic says.
7) Cinnamon. There's a reason why so many gums are cinnamon-flavored! Cinnamon essential oil has been shown in research to kill odor-causing bacteria.
8) Flavonoids, the good-for-you antioxidants in vegetables and green tea, are also useful for keeping bacteria from sticking on to your teeth, Jamieson-Petonic notes.