The Music City Minute...
Rascal Flatts and Nashville actress Hayden Panettiere are hosting the 3rd Annual CMT Artists of the Year event next weekend. The special features the most exclusive gathering of country music superstars of the year with performances and special appearances. Check it out next Saturday night on CMT.
Photo: RCA Records Nashville
Miranda Lambert took to Twitter earlier this week to explain why she was up so early. Seems like Miranda was too excited to sleep! This Pistol Annies started recording their second album on Monday. No word yet on a release date.
The Pistol Annies aren’t the only ones in the recording studio. Despite having recently released their holiday album, On This Winter’s Night, Lady Antebellum is also back in the studio working on their fourth studio album. They’re just about halfway through the process…with no set end date planned. The group says…they’ll finish…when they finish.
Photo: RCA Records Nashville
Jake Owen celebrates his third consecutive #1 song this week with “The One That Got Away”. This is Jake’s first #1 hit as a songwriter. Jake performs “The One That Got Away” on the American Country Awards on December 10th. He’s also nominated for four awards!
Carrie Underwood’s new single “Two Black Cadillacs” is about betrayal and a secret left at the grave. Sounds massive, right? But the original idea started with a simple title. Carrie and her co-writers actually built the song around those three words. Get a sneak peek at the video now ...
Lady Antebellum has millions of fans…Charles Kelley’s crazy Aunt Bella ISN’T one of them, however! See what I’m talking about in the latest installment of Lady Antebellum’s Webisode series.
Photo: USO / Fred Greaves
Trace Adkins is in Japan this week performing four private concerts for
CELEBRITY SCOOP ...
After a long court battle and an ugly fistfight outside her house, Halle Berry and her ex Gabriel Aubry appear to have settled their key differences over custody of 4 ½-year-old daughter Nahla – for now.
"The parties have reached an amicable agreement," read a written statement held up by attorney Blair Berk, who represents Berry, after a hearing Thursday in Los Angeles. "There will be no further statements regarding this matter."
Aubry, wearing a black sport coat with dark sunglasses to mask his bruised face, was present, but Berry and her fiancé Olivier Martinez did not attend.
Just exactly what they agreed to – earlier issues ranged from residency to restraining orders – wasn't known.
But the deal was worked out on the same day an emergency protective order issued against Aubry was to expire. That order barred him from seeing his daughter or going anywhere near Berry and Martinez.
It's also unclear whether Aubry's restraining order against Martinez, filed Monday, remains in effect or if it had been, or will be, withdrawn.
Meanwhile, LAPD Commander Andrew Smith tells PEOPLE the Thanksgiving Day altercation between Aubry and Martinez is still under investigation. "Our officers have initially concluded that Aubry was the primary instigator," he says, but adds it's too early to say whether the case will be referred to prosecutors. (People)
He's no stranger to living the high life around larger-than-life personalities as the son of outsized artist and director Julian Schnabel (The Diving Bell and Butterfly). But now that he's been linked to Demi Moore, 26-year-old Vito Schnabel may just get a taste of fame on his own terms.
The eldest son of Julian, Vito grew up around art world and Hollywood royalty before eventually making his own name as a curator and art dealer as a teenager.
"They are just constantly around beautiful and fabulous women and run with a very cool crowd," a source tells PEOPLE of the Schnabel family. "They're fun people."
Who is Vito Schnabel? Here are five things to know about Demi's new love interest:
1. He knows how to throw a party:
Vito's late-night bashes at the W Hotel during Art Basel Miami have been well documented and, apparently, very well attended by celebrities and art aficionados who attend the annual festival, which kicks off again in December. If past guest lists are any indication, look for high-profile revelers such as Naomi Campbell and Stephen Dorff to mingle (and dance) among the artists and buyers Schnabel represents.
2. He's not afraid of a little pink:
Vito lives in the colorful Palazzo Chupi, a controversial pink condominium designed by his father (who also lives there), which towers above New York City's West Village. Neighbors have described the place as "an exploded Malibu Barbie house."
3. He was an early bloomer:
Schnabel curated his first group show at age 16, and by 23 he was showing artworks around the world. According to his official website, he represents some of the top names in contemporary art, including Terence Koh, Rene Ricard and Dustin Yellin.
4. He's impressive on the basketball court:
Before discovering his love of art, his primary interest was athletics, according to a profile on GalleristNY. Even today, he's still known to dominate during his rooftop basketball games at Art Basel Miami.
5. Dating celebrities runs in the family:
Before Moore, Vito was linked to Elle Macpherson and Liv Tyler. Meanwhile, his sister Lola once dated The Lord of the Rings star Viggo Mortensen.
As Vito told the New York Observer in 2006, "There is no downside to being a Schnabel."
WEIRD NEWS ...
The Regina Fire Department has simmered down about a burning Yule log displayed at Mosaic Stadium's giant TV screens.
For weeks, the cheery image of the burning log was displayed on the video scoreboard at the Saskatchewan Roughriders home venue west of the downtown.
The flaming log was also shown on banner screens across the stands.
The problem was, from a distance some people thought the stadium was on fire — there were four frantic calls to 911 in the past few weeks.
Deputy fire chief Gerard Kay said the callers were very descriptive, reporting "a very bright flame. In some cases the smell of smoke."
'Maybe some snowflakes or Santa or something like that.'—
Standing in the parking lot at the nearby
"I'm hoping that we can eliminate this and put something a little more appropriate up," Kay said. "I mean, it is appropriate, but it is a public safety concern."
A fire crew was dispatched to the scene most recently late Wednesday afternoon.
Trying to snuff out the false alarms, Kay said he called around to get the log video replaced.
"Maybe some snowflakes or Santa or something like that," he said.
The Roughriders organization, which is in charge of what appears on the TVs, got the message.
A spokesperson told CBC Thursday that they've just changed the log to a "thank you" message to fans. The flaming banner TVs have also been switched off.
Photo: Men's Health Magazine (Hey...enjoy this pic. I could have posted a really icky one of man boobs) :)
MORE MEN SEEKING SURGERY TO GET RID OF "MAN BOOBS":
More men are seeking breast reduction surgery to treat gynecomastia, which causes "man boobs." Statistics from the British Association of Plastic Surgeons shows that 790 men in the U.K. went under the knife for the procedure last year. That number is double the amount who had the surgery in the last five-years, and among men it was a more popular procedure in 2011 than liposuctions or facelifts. (Newser)